- COMPOSED CHARACTER: Ride confidently through varying terrain with a durable chassis and long-travel suspension. A sturdy 41mm front fork handles suspension duties up front and an adjustable Uni-Trak® rear suspension system helps the KLR®650 motorcycle deliver an all-around composed riding character, and new disc brakes help you stop with confidence.
- RUN SMOOTHLY: New suspension settings, a new longer swingarm and an integrated rear frame contribute to improved handling, whether on a single track, backroad or interstate highway.
- FULL STOP: A new larger diameter front brake disc delivers stronger braking power and a new thicker rear brake disc offers increased heat dissipation under braking for consistent performance throughout your entire ride. The optional anti-lock braking system (ABS) offers additional assurance when riding on lower-friction surfaces.
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
- KEEP COMFORTABLE: The KLR®650 takes comfort and touring potential to the next level while maintaining the highly acclaimed reliability of its predecessor. Frame revisions, under-the-seat rubber dampers, rubber mounted handlebars and footpegs all help increase comfort and greater carrying capacity for long-distance touring.
- COMFORT IS KING: Increase your riding comfort by combatting wind and weather with a new taller two-position adjustable windshield. The new fine-tuned handlebar and footpeg positions with rubber mounts give you a more relaxed riding position with reduced engine vibration and improved comfort. For those long rides, you’ll enjoy a new rubber-dampened comfort seat with a revised shape and suppler leather for maximum bump absorption and ride comfort.
- CARRY ON: Pack all your essentials with the new larger aluminum rear carrier and available accessory side and top cases complete with a convenient one-key system. Increased generator capacity offers 80 watts of power, with an output increase from 17 A to 26 A, to meet the power needs of grip heaters, fog lamps and other electrical accessories, perfect for your next extended adventure.
- ROCK-SOLID POWER: Powered by one of the most reliable and trusted engines in the industry, the KLR®650 dual-sport has an updated 652cc single-cylinder engine that offers a flat power curve allowing you to cruise at freeway speeds and navigate trails effortlessly. On or off-road, this powerhouse is here for the long haul.
- EASY STARTING: The KLR®650 motorcycle’s new fuel injection system makes for a reliable start, especially when your adventures take you to high altitudes or colder conditions.
- GO THE DISTANCE: Take your adventure further with an improved fuel range capacity. The new fuel injection system combined with the new large-volume 6.1-gallon fuel tank design, improves the amount of useable fuel within the tank.
- STRONG AND POWERFUL: Tackle the trails, navigate through traffic and cruise at highway speeds with strong overall power delivery and improved mid-range torque. In addition, the single-cylinder engine is modernized, proven and incredibly fuel-efficient, making the KLR®650 motorcycle a highly reliable companion for extended on- and off-road travels.
- UP YOUR ADVENTURE: Make the most of your next adventure by choosing the best KLR®650 suited for your needs. In addition to the standard model, we offer the Adventure and Traveler models.
- Explore further with the KLR®650 Traveler motorcycle. Fitted with a top case, this model offers increased convenience and storage.
STYLING AND ELECTRONICS
- ROBUST STYLE AND NEW TECH: Turn heads with new adventure-inspired colors and graphics that have been specifically designed to reflect the bike’s tough capabilities and ruggedness. The new all-digital multi-function instrumentation will keep you updated at a glance so you can stay in the action.
- RUGGED GOOD LOOKS: Take on the road with a new protector-equipped shroud design that is functional as well as strengthens the tough, adventure style. A new side cover, tail cowl, taillight, turn signals and black coated rims add to the robust and aggressive styling of this model. And a new bright LED headlight shows you the way when your ride continues past sunset.